Green / palak puri is a colourful and healthy version of a normal puri. Spinach in the recipe provides the necessary vitamins and minerals during the pregnancy period. Tastes best when served with curd or raita.
|salt||0||as per taste|
|vegetable oil ( for deep fry)||0.5||litre|
- Roughly chop the spinach so that it comes upto 8 cups. Boil the spinach for about 1 minute and drain it. In a grinder add spinach, green chilli, jeera and salt. Make sure the consistency is like a fine paste.
- In a bowl, add wheat atta( flour) ,spinach paste and some ajwain/carom seeds (optional). Knead the mixture using water to form a smooth dough.
- Divide the dough into small sized balls. Using the rolling pin, roll to a 5 inch puri. Make sure its not too thin or too thick.
- In a Kadai (deep wok) add oil and wait till the temperature reaches upto 350-375 degrees F. Once the oil is hot, fry the poori and serve hot. Serve it with some curd or raita.
|Nutritional Facts Per Serving|
|Calories :114 kcal|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||18 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||345.71 μg|
|Vitamin C||52.98 mg|
|Vitamin B1 (Thiamin)||0.09 mg|
|Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)||0.16 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0.00 μg|
|Folate Equiv||147.67 μg|
|Vitamin B3 (Niacin)||0.89 mg|
|Vitamin B6||0.19 mg|
|Vitamin D||0.00 μg|
|Vitamin K||349.68 μg|
|Vitamin E||2.22 mg|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Saturated Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
|Cholesterol||Less than||300mg||300 mg|
Calories per gram:
Fat 9 • Carbohydrate 4 • Protein 4
Sign up now to receive hot special offers
and information about the best tours!