Pregnancy Diet: Eating Apricot during Pregnancy
Nourishment during the pregnancy is an important yet delicate part that has to be carefully monitored to ensure the health of the baby. It has to be well balanced and should be perfectly considered to provide an accurate amount of nutrients for the body.
Appetite during pregnancy can be variable so as the cravings of the taste buds of the tongue but it’s better to stick with the consumption of nutrient, power-packed and healthy diet that includes iron, protein, calcium, iodine and folic acid which equals a happy and safe pregnancy. All these mentioned nutrients can be found in APRICOT and hence including apricot is diet during pregnancy is a very good idea.
Nutritional Value of An Apricot
Apricot is a fruit from Rosaceae family that includes peaches, plums, almonds and cherries. With a good source of rich vitamins, minerals, phosphorous, potassium, iron, calcium and other nutritional content, eating Apricots are best for the baby as well as the mother.
About 100 grams of apricots contain 48 calories
It can be consumed raw by washing it well to clear the bacteria and harmful parasites lurking on them or it can be eaten dried.
Consuming Apricot during Pregnancy is Safe or Not?
It’s a definite yes to consume Apricots during pregnancy and largely considered to be safe. It provides all needed nutrients to the body and several health benefits. This is a wise choice than the processed supplements that promise to keep the baby and mother healthier.
How much Apricot can be consumed during Pregnancy?
A pregnant woman can consume 1-2 Apricot for an ideal diet only after making sure that it has been wiped out of all the dangerous chemicals, pesticides and bacteria from them.
Health Benefits of consuming Apricot during Pregnancy
- Immunity and Vision: Apricot is a fruit that contains beta carotene and that is converted into vitamin A inside the body when it is consumed by the mother. It boosts the immune system and improves the vision of the baby and in development of cell tissues.
- Blood pressure: Potassium in the Apricot helps to maintain the blood pressure and fluid levels of the body. Eating dried and fresh Apricots is the best option for pregnancy that prevents the risks of bone loss and kidney stones.
- Constipation: Apricots being a good source of fiber, helps in proper digestive functions during pregnancy period and avoids unnecessary Constipation.
- Good for baby: The folic acid present in Apricots helps in preventing congenital disabilities like spina bifida in newborn babies. Essential nutrients are beneficial for foetal growth and development.
- Anemia: Apricots are loaded with iron and copper, these nutrients increase the count of haemoglobin in the body and ensure to avert the drastic consequences of anemia and oxidative stress.
- Lactation: Breastfeeding is the first thing that should be done after the baby is out of the womb. The flesh of the Apricot does involve in lactating mother’s milk production which is ideal.
- Good for skin: Sometimes there is a concern of beauty, Apricots doesn’t just contribute internally but also externally by adding glow to the skin and healthy outer skin.
- Infection Remedy: The paste of the Apricot kernel is a good healer for the vaginal infections that commonly occur during the childbirth.
Side effects of consuming Apricot during Pregnancy
A balanced diet is essential during pregnancy and consuming more than prescribed may also initiate rising high risks. Consumption of Apricots should be moderate, excess consumption may cause dizziness and headache.
Some of the other side-effects include
- Gastric issues: Causing dehydration and gastric problems due to consuming unripe Apricots.
- Dangerous ingredient: There is Amygdalin on tip of the fruit that releases cyanide compound after chewing kernels which is not good for pregnancy health, triggering muscle cramps, bringing the nervous system down and vomiting sensation.
- Allergies: The Sulphur dioxide in the Apricot can cause allergies in people with low immune system.
How to consume Apricot during Pregnancy?
- Apricot, of course, has to be consumed when it is ripe or dried after a thorough wash. Best recommended is to choose dried Apricot.
- There is no particular time for a woman to consume the fruit, it’s just open-source of nutrients that can be found anytime and anywhere, so just go ahead and try the fruit.
- Most of the time avoid eating kernels to prevent side effects.
- It’s better to go according the doctor’s prescription and add with a day’s meal or breakfast. It’s popular to intake as a smoothie by blending milk and ice together or with your oats.
There we go, hope you have all the information that you might need while consuming apricot during pregnancy. Have a healthy and safe pregnancy.
Homemade Pregnancy Test
How to Prevent Pregnancy Stretch Marks
Is It Safe to Eat Ice Cream During Pregnancy
Breast Pain in Pregnancy
7 Tips to getting pregnant faster
COMMON INFECTIONS DURING PREGNANCY
Pregnancy Diet: Apples during Pregnancy
Duis leo. Donec orci lectus, aliquam ut, faucibus non
Join Our Community of Expecting Parents Today!
Subscribe to get updated on latest and relevant pregnancy-related details